Formlabs is looking for high-caliber people who can work with a diverse team at full speed. If you are talented and passionate about bringing a ground-breaking product to the world, we are looking to fill the positions below.
If you feel you can make a valuable contribution to our team, but the positions below aren’t a good match, please submit your resume and cover letter. At the least we can keep you in mind as we grow. We’re always looking for great people!
Electrical Engineering Lead
3D printing requires a delicate balance of software, hardware, and electronics. If you are an Electrical Engineer with mastery over digital, analog, and electromechanical devices, we want you to join our diverse team and lead the development of our products’ core electronics. Compensation is competitive and rewards early-stage involvement.
- Capable of seamlessly integrating complex electromechanical subsystems
- A world-class expert in design and troubleshooting of embedded systems, analog/digital feedback control systems, and motor control devices
- Able to design, build, and debug robust and tightly integrated PCBs
- Knowledgeable of common embedded peripherals and communication protocols
- Well-versed in embedded C programming
- Ready to create precise designs while hacking beyond traditional solutions
- Experienced in the design and shipment of electronic products
- Capable of leading a team of high caliber engineers
- Able to work with a diverse team of mechanical, industrial, materials, and software engineers
If this opportunity excites you please apply below with a quick cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if applicable).
Location: On site in Cambridge, MA.
Summer 2013 Internships
Our product offering spans diverse fields including mechanical and electrical engineering, software development, materials science, and industrial and user experience design. Formlabs is an exciting place to learn while greatly impacting a path-paving startup. If you have a broad skillset and a proven ability to solve problems in novel ways (what we like to call “hacking”) we want you to join us as a summer intern this year. Past interns have taken on demanding projects with far greater scope than is possible in most large companies. We are looking for talented students in the following areas:
- Strong digital design abilities using 3D CAD (i.e. Solidworks)
- Able to conceptualize and design a product or sub-component from start to finish
- Capable of prototyping concepts using machine shop tools
- Working knowledge of digital fabrication tools (3D printing, CNC, Laser Cutter etc.) is a plus
- Software programming capabilities (C++, Python etc.) are a plus
- Experience in PCB design
- Experience with microcontrollers
- Experience with circuit and cable assembly and modification
- Strong programming skills (C++, Python etc.)
- Strong software development skills, particularly with C++ or Python
- Skillset to develop 3D graphics or computational geometry
- Strong Vector Algebra and Linear Algebra skills
- Embedded software development skills are a plus (embedded C, STM32, usblib)
- Experience in experiment design, implementation, and analysis
- Materials science and/or chemistry education or background (especially photopolymers)
- Materials property analysis (elasticity, impact strength etc.) is a plus
- Programming experience (MATLAB, Python etc.) is a plus
- Microfabrication experience is a plus
- Ability to work with and customize content management systems
- Ability to integrate multiple web platforms and cloud-based tools
- Great design sense and ability to work hand-in-hand with graphic designers
If any of these opportunities excites you please apply below with a short cover letter, a link to your portfolio (if applicable) and your resume.
Location: On site in Cambridge, MA.