Freelance or Agency Translators
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Formlabs is looking for Freelance and Agency Translators to help broadcast our message and bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every professional designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs typically relies on translators to translate from English (source language) to German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, and Chinese (target languages).
Note: through this application, you express interest to collaborate with and provide your own translation services to Formlabs. This is not an opportunity to be employed by Formlabs.
- Read through original material and rewrite it in the target language
- Ensure that the meaning of the source text is retained;
- Use CAT tools such as Trados, DejaVu, MemoQ (or other tools compatible with them) to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency (you need to have an Internet connection to work online on our TMS)
- Use subtitling tools such as Subtitle Edit, Subtitle Workshop, Aegisub (or others with similar functionality)
- Use Formlabs glossaries and consult our support pages as well as specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used;
- Consult us in case of doubt or for very specialized documents;
- Use appropriate software for presentation and delivery;
- Research legal, technical, and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation;
- Proofread and edit your final translated versions before delivery;
- Receive feedback about your translations from internal reviewers;
- Communicate progress and meet deadlines.
- Have an excellent command of two or more languages
- C1-C2 level in the source language (almost always English)
- Native level in target language
- Possess a degree in translation, linguistics, philology (or a language related field).
- Bring proven experience translating relevant texts
- Primary types of text:
- technical/scientific - hardware, software, and chemicals
- dental and medical
- commercial and promotional
- Secondary types of text
- literary documents
- Knowledge of 3D Printing, CAD/CAM, and/or Additive Manufacturing
- Experience with machine translation
To apply, please provide your CV. If meet our criteria, we'll contact you directly when the time is right for us. Before beginning any projects for Formlabs you will need to:
- do a short test to demonstrate your translation and research skills in your language combination;
- provide rates and coordinate necessary invoices for translation services offered;
- complete a basic onboarding to get to know our products, services, and philosophy;