Set Up the Form 1+
Now that you have unpacked your printer and accounted for all the parts and accessories, let's pick a home for your new digital fabrication tool and get ready for your first print.
1. Choose a Home for Your Printer
The Form 1+ is quiet and compact so that it will fit conveniently on your desk or workshop bench. The printer will need to connect to your computer to start a print, but it can be disconnected once the file is completely transferred.
Place your Form 1+ on a level surface. If the Form 1+ is on an uneven surface, you increase the risk of spilling resin when the tank is full or running into print issues when the tank runs low. The Form 1+ operates best at room temperature (18–28 ºC). Try to locate it somewhere it will not be subjected to extreme temperatures.
Keep the Form 1+ and Form Finish Kit out of direct sunlight to protect resin from curing.
2. Connect and Start Your Form 1+
- Attach the power cable to the power brick and plug it to the Form 1+ power socket.
- Plug the power cable into your nearest wall power outlet.
- Press the Form 1+ button to bring the printer’s display to life.
- Plug the USB cable into the back of the Form 1+.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to your computer.
When your printer is successfully recognized, the “Form” button in the PreForm software will glow bright orange, without the disconnected cable icon.
3. Insert Resin Tank and Build Platform
Slide your resin tank in the tank carrier until it clicks into place. Then, slide and secure your build platform by pushing the hinge down.
Always remove the build platform before removing the resin tank to avoid dripping leftover material into the printer body.
Finally, you will want to fill your resin tank before starting your print.
Using the Form 1+ Button
The printer's single button keeps operation simple.
- Press the button once to power the printer on or off.
- Press the button once to start an uploaded print or once while printing to pause/resume the print.
- Press and hold the button while printing to cancel a print.
- Press and hold the button for 3 seconds from the off mode to reveal the printer's firmware and serial name information.