Formlabs 3D Design Awards Official Rules
These are the official rules that explain how the Formlabs Design Awards will operate. This promotion will simply be referred to as the “Awards” in the rest of these rules. Please review these rules carefully. If you are a minor, you must obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian before entering. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Formlabs, Inc. “You,” “yourself,” “I”, “me,” and “my” refers to an eligible awards nominee.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, EXCEPT FOR THE STANDARD CHARGES OF YOUR INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDER. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Design Awards Description
The Awards will consist of three (3) categories with the public nominating and voting for designs in each category.
A. Top Visual Arts Model: including designs related to Digital Sculpture, Jewelry, Artistic Installations, or Cosplay
B. Top Functional Model: including designs related to Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive, Integrated Electronic designs, or relating to IoT
C. Top Education Model: including designs related to Research models, Medical models, or Models that illustrate a learning concept
2. Start and End Dates
The Awards will be determined in two segments, the Nomination Period and Voting Period respectively. The Nomination Period starts at 12:00 PM ET on May 10, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on May 24th, 2017. This will be referred to as the Nomination Period. All nominations must be received within the Nomination Period to be eligible. Any nominations received outside the Nomination Period will be disqualified.
The Voting Period starts by 12:00 PM ET May 29, 2017 and ends at 4:00 PM ET on June 6, 2017. This will be referred to as the Voting Period in the rest of these rules. All votes must be received within the Voting Period to be eligible. Any votes received outside of the Voting Period will be disqualified.
3. Eligible Participants
You are eligible to participate in the Awards if you meet the following requirements:
- You are over 13 years old; and
- You are not an employee of Formlabs, Inc. or a subsidiary; and
- You are not involved in any part of the administration and execution of these Awards; and
- You are not an immediate family or household member of a Sponsor employee.
If you are a minor, meaning you are not an adult in your jurisdiction, you should ask your parent or legal guardian’s permission prior to participating in the Awards. The Awards are void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
4. Nomination Pool
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following requirements:
During the Nomination Period Participants can submit a Nomination for the Voting Pool by completing the form available here, including your Name, E-mail, phone number, and a link to the design page on Pinshape.com you are nominating for each or any category.
Participants can submit unlimited nominations and nominate their own design pages.
We are not responsible for nominations that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are unable to view.
5. Eligible Entries
We reserve the right to determine the Entries for Voting from the Nomination Pool based on the following criteria
- Relevance to Design Category
- The Entry for Voting must be uploaded to Pinshape
- The Entry for Voting must be a user’s original work; and
- The Entry for Voting cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest or sweepstakes through Pinshape.com; and
- The Entry for Voting must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- The Entry for Voting must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, logos, names, or images without their express written consent.
- The designer must agree to these terms before the close of the Voting Period June 6, 2017.
Voting will be open to the public on the awards page here starting May 29,2017. Each category will include up to ten (10) nominated designs known as the Voting Pool. The design that receives the most votes in each category will win the prize for that category outlined below.
The Prizes for each category are outlined below. If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. We will only award one prize per person. If you are selected as a potential winner of these Awards:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services;
- You may not designate someone else as the winner;
- If you accept a prize, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in this agreement and you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
A. Prize for Best Art + Design Model
B. Best Functional Model
One (1) license to SOLIDWORKS Premium for 1 year and One (1) Premium Instructables Membership for one year. Upon the expiry of the 1 year SOLIDWORKS license, the winner will be eligible to renew their license for a 25% discount.
C. Best Education Model
The odds of winning the Prizes depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Nomination Period.
8. Notifying Winners
On or around June 6, 2016, we will complete the voting and announce the potential winners for each category.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) associated with your Pinshape account within seven days following the selection. If we are unable to reach you, we may award the prize to an alternate selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to whom is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Pinshape account.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/content/publicity release, and W-9 form in order to claim your prize. If you do not sign and return these required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate winner.
9. Additional Conditions
By Participating in the Awards you (your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor) agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules;
- To abide by the Formlabs and Pinshape’s Terms and Conditions of Use, Privacy Policies, and other policies pertaining to the web site, although these rules take precedence;
- To the extent allowed by law, to release and hold harmless Formlabs, Inc., subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with these Awards or any prize won;
- That Formlabs’ decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to these Awards;
- That Formlabs may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with these Awards, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law; and
- These Awards will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Massachusetts courts (state and federal) for any disputes arising out of the Awards.
10. The Unexpected
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of these Awards, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend these Awards. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Awards, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible Nominations received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Awards.
11. Winner List
We will post the names of confirmed winners online after June 6, 2017 at https://formlabs.com/blog/.
12. Sponsor of the Awards
35 Medford St., Suite 201, Somerville, MA 02143