Formlabs Innovate & Educate Challenge Official Rules
These are the official rules that explain how the Formlabs Innovate & Educate Challenge promotion will operate. This promotion will simply be referred to as the “Contest” in the rest of these rules. Please review these rules carefully. If you are a minor, you must obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian before entering. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Formlabs, Inc. and Scholastic Corporation the sponsors of the Contest. “You,” “yourself,” “I”, “me,” and “my” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, EXCEPT FOR THE STANDARD CHARGES OF YOUR INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDER. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Contest Description
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to create a comprehensive Lesson Plan using 3D printing and a 3D design that aids the lesson plan. For the purpose of this Contest, each Lesson Plan and 3D model you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” Entry eligibility will be determined using the criteria in Section 4. All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria in Section 7 and awarded prizes as described below.
2. Start and End Dates
This Contest starts at 12:00 PM ET on October 07, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on November 30, 2016. This will be referred to as the Entry Period in the rest of these rules. entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible. Any Entries received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified.
3. Eligible Contestants
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements:
- You are over 13 years old; and
- You are a legal resident of the United States; and
- You are not an employee of Formlabs, Inc. or a subsidiary; and
- You are not involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are not an immediate family or household member of a Sponsor employee.
If you are a minor, meaning you are not an adult in your jurisdiction, you should ask your parent or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry in the Contest. The Contest is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
4. Eligible Entries
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following requirements:
- Contestant must submit at least one lesson plan and one .stl file
- Lesson plan must span a one-hour class period
- .stl file should be relevant to the lesson plan
- The lesson plan and file should teach the student a new skill from a core subject (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, Math) using 3D printing.
- The contest is for 3D printing in general and does not need to use a Formlabs 3D printer to qualify.
- Your entry must be your own original work; and
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- Your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, logos, names, or images without their express written consent.
5. Use of Entries
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you (or, if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian):
- are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all its content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
- agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
- understand and acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
- understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
- understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you (or, if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian) do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest
6. Submitting an Entry
To submit your entry, complete the form available here, including your Name, E-mail, phone number, institution or organization affiliation if applicable, and a link to your pinshape design page. All .stl files and lesson plans need to be uploaded to Pinshape.com.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are unable to view.
A panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select winners based upon the following equal criteria:
- Clarity and Achievability - The objective of the lesson plan should be clearly stated and the lesson plan should provide a manner of which to achieve it.
- Engagement - The lesson plan should be engaging and the .stl file facilitates the engagement and is relevant to the lesson plan.
- Use of 3D Printing - The lesson should allow the student to make connections between 3D printing and real world applications.
The decision of the judges are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, the tie will be broken by an additional judge who will judge the tied entries based on the criteria listed above.
Grand Prize (1 winner):
A (one) Form 2 Complete package including Finish Kit and a bottle of standard resin Approximate Retail Value $3499 and a feature in a blog post on Formlabs’ website.
Runner-Up Prize (1 winner):
A (one) coupon for $400 off a Form 2, a (one) high-resolution print of submitted .stl printed on a Form 2, and a feature in a blog post on Formlabs’ website.
If for any reason the advertised prizes are unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. we will only award one prize per person. If you are selected as a potential winner of this Contest:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services;
- You may not designate someone else as the winner;
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
9. Notifying Winners
On or around December 12, 2016, we will complete the judging and determine potential winners based on the criteria stated above.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) associated with your entry within seven days following the selection. If we are unable to reach you, we may award the prize to an alternate selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to whom is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/content/publicity release, and W-9 form. If you do not sign and return these required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate winner.
10. Additional Conditions
By entering this Contest you (your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor) agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules;
- To abide by the Formlabs’ Terms and Conditions of Use, Privacy Policies, and other policies pertaining to the web site, although these rules take precedence;
- To the extent allowed by law, to release and hold harmless Formlabs, Inc., subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won;
- That Formlabs’ decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest;
- That Formlabs may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law; and
- This Contest will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Massachusetts courts (state and federal) for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
11. The Unexpected
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
12. Winner List
We will post the names of confirmed winners online after December 12, 2016 at https://formlabs.com/blog/.
13. Sponsors of the Contest
35 Medford St., Suite 201, Somerville, MA 02143
561 Broadway, New York, NY 10012