These are the official rules that explain how the Formlabs Tough Resin Giveaway Contest promotion will operate. This promotion will simply be referred to as the “Contest” in the rest of these rules. Please review these rules carefully. If you are a minor, you must obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian before entering. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Formlabs, Inc., the sponsor of the Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, EXCEPT FOR THE STANDARD CHARGES OF YOUR INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDER. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This is a skill-based contest. The Tough Resin Giveaway is intended to encourage your creativity and to share exciting new ideas and applications for using Tough Resin. Sending 3D models, pictures, or videos to illustrate these ideas is encouraged, but not required.
For the purpose of this Contest, each idea you create and submit, along with any accompanying media, such as 3D models, pictures, or videos, will be called an “entry.” Entry eligibility will be determined using the criteria in Section 4. All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria in Section 7 and awarded prizes as described below.
Start and End Dates
This Contest starts at 9:00 AM ET on June 23, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on July 7, 2015. This will be referred to as the Entry Period in the rest of these rules. Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible. Any received outside of the Entry Period will be disqualified.
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements:
- You are over 13 years old; and
- You are not an employee of Formlabs, Inc. or a subsidiary; and
- You are not involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
- You are not an immediate family or household member of a Sponsor employee; and
- You are a legal resident of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, or United States of America.
If you are a minor, meaning you are not an adult in your jurisdiction, you should ask your parent or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry in the Contest. The Contest is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following requirements:
- Describe a physical object which can be manufactured with 3D printing; and
- Utilize Tough Resin.
- Your entry must be your own original work; and
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- Your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, logos, names, or images without their express written consent.
Use of Entries
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you (or, if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian):
- Agree that your entry is non-confidential and nonproprietary.
- Are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all its content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
- Agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
- Understand and acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
- Understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement, patent, or copyright or trade secret law;
- Understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you (or, if you are a minor, your parent or legal guardian) do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest
Submitting an Entry
To submit your entry, complete and submit the online form available here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KA48jzTnr00Zgc_J1Drj_i0c6THAOgBDpMLDeWnoaXc/viewform. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are unable to view.
A panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select three winners based upon the following equal criteria:
- Creativity: Novelty and originality;
- Significance: Importance of the design;
- Fit: Innovative use of Tough Resin
The decision of the judges are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners. In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, the tie will be broken by an additional judge who will judge the tied entries based on the criteria listed above.
Each winners will be awarded:
- A 1L bottle of Formlabs’ Tough Resin (Retail Value of $175); and
- A Form 1+ Resin Tank (Retail Value of $59)
If for any reason the advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. We will only award one prize per person. If you are selected as a potential winner of this Contest:
1. You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services;
2. You may not designate someone else as the winner;
3. If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
On or around July 21, 2015, we will complete the judging and determine potential winners based on the criteria stated above.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, phone number, or mailing address (if any) associated with your entry within seven days following the selection. If we are unable to reach you, we may award the prize to an alternate selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to whom is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/content/publicity release, and W-9 form. If you do not sign and return these required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate winner.
By entering this Contest you (your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor) agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules;
- To abide by the Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions of Use, Privacy Policies, and other policies pertaining to the Sponsor web site, although these rules take precedence;
- To the extent allowed by law, to release and hold harmless Formlabs, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won;
- That Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest;
- That the Sponsor may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law; and
- This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of Massachusetts’s courts (state and federal) for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend it. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
Sponsor of the Contest
35 Medford St., Suite 201
Somerville, MA 02143