How to Create Clear Aligners In Your Practice with 3D Printing
by Dr. Ferguson & Sam Wainwright
Why you should watch
As digital dentistry and high-performance 3D printers become increasingly affordable, orthodontists and dentists can now produce low-cost thermoformed clear dental aligners in their office. Producing clear aligners in-house with 3D printing saves money, offers faster turnaround times, and guarantees high-quality, consistent results.
In this webinar, Rick Ferguson DMD, DABOI/ID, DICOI, an educator in implant dentistry of 20 years, and Formlabs dental product manager Sam Wainwright walk through the full production workflow including the software, tools, and proper materials needed to create dental aligners in your own office.
Attend the webinar to learn
- Dr. Ferguson’s workflows, tips, and advice on creating clear aligners
- How to 3D print clear aligner models on the Formlabs Form 2 printer
- In-office workflow and considerations for efficiently creating clear aligners
- Overview of digital impression systems and CAD software on the market today
- Return on investment calculations for 3D printing and thermoforming clear aligners
Rick Ferguson DMD, DABOI/ID, DICOI
Dr. Ferguson has been involved in teaching implant dentistry for the last 20 years. He has placed and restored over 5000 dental implants and maintains a private practice with his wife Dr. Katherine Ferguson in Davie, FL. He has an Associate Fellow certification from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
Sam Wainwright, dental product manager at Formlabs, has been in the dental industry for 10 years helping labs and dentists become more effective with new technology. He most notably has worked for Custom Automated Prosthetics (CAP), Henry Schein, and 3M as they expanded their presence in the industry.
Questions? Contact us to learn more or to speak to a Dental Specialist.