Formlabs Launches the Form 2: The Most Advanced 3D Printer On The Desktop
3D printing pioneer introduces smarter, more powerful desktop machine for engineers, designers and creators.
SOMERVILLE, Mass., Sep. 22, 2015 – Formlabs, the designer and manufacturer of powerful and accessible 3D printing systems, today announced the launch of Form 2, the company’s second generation high-resolution, desktop stereolithography (SLA) 3D printer. The Form 2 brings bigger prints, smarter components, connected capabilities, and an intuitive printing experience to professionals.
“Through building the Form 1 and Form 1+ we’ve learned that professional engineers, designers and creators need access to powerful, easy-to use systems,” said Max Lobovsky, co-founder of Formlabs. “We believe that this is the ‘next wave’ of the 3D printing industry: high resolution output with a simple user experience packaged in a desktop footprint. In many ways, 3D printing technology is following a similar path to the desktop computer. It started with mainframes, was adopted by the hobbyist and then evolved into the powerful desktop machines everyone uses today. The Form 2 represents the next wave of 3D printing technology.”
Form 2 raises the industry standard for reliable prints, delivers sophisticated technology with an intuitive interface and introduces new features aimed at team collaboration, simpler workflows and time savings.
● Bigger prints: Over 40% bigger build volume from its predecessor the Form 1+.
● More powerful laser: 50% more powerful laser yielding better print resolution.
● New print process : A new sliding peel mechanism, wiper and heated resin tank make it possible to print large, solid parts with intricate details.
● Automated resin system: New resin cartridges will automatically refill the resin tank during the printing process.
● One-click print: An update to Formlabs’ PreForm Software, this feature will prepare prints and simplify the printing process.
● Connected capabilities: The Form 2 offers wireless printing via WiFi,creating customn otifications and mobile alerts. The new dashboard enables print progress to be monitored across multiple printers on desktop, mobile or tablet.
● Touchscreen display: Fullcolor touchscreen for managing print queues and viewing print status
Professionals worldwide have been using Formlabs for a host of ambitions – from the digital artist creating a film made entirely of 3D-printed parts, to the engineer designing surgical prototypes to enable cleaner suturing methods, to researchers at Fortune 500 companies, to the small businesses printing customized parts, to the many entrepreneurs 3D printing prototypes.
Formlabs sta ampliando l'accesso alla fabbricazione digitale, in modo da rendere la stampa 3D alla portata di tutti. L’azienda leader nella stampa 3D ha introdotto la sua business unit dentale nel novembre 2019 per soddisfare le esigenze dei laboratori odontotecnici e degli studi di ogni dimensione. Formlabs Dental è composta da un team di professionisti del settore dentale dedicati a fornire le migliori soluzioni di stampa 3D del settore. Formlabs ha migliorato la vita di centinaia di migliaia di pazienti grazie alla stampa di 13 milioni di parti dentali sulla Form 2 e ha recentemente ampliato ulteriormente questo impatto con l’aggiunta di dispositivi hardware incentrati sul dentale, la Form 3B, la Form 3B+ e la Form 3BL. Oltre ai suoi prodotti hardware, Formlabs ha oltre 50 ingegneri dei materiali e una solida offerta di materiali dentali disponibili per essere utilizzati sulle stampanti Form 3B, Form 3B+ e Form 3BL.