Formlabs Launches the Form 2: The Most Advanced 3D Printer On The Desktop
3D printing pioneer introduces smarter, more powerful desktop machine for engineers, designers and creators.
SOMERVILLE, Mass., Sep. 22, 2015 – Formlabs, the designer and manufacturer of powerful and accessible 3D printing systems, today announced the launch of Form 2, the company’s second generation high-resolution, desktop stereolithography (SLA) 3D printer. The Form 2 brings bigger prints, smarter components, connected capabilities, and an intuitive printing experience to professionals.
“Through building the Form 1 and Form 1+ we’ve learned that professional engineers, designers and creators need access to powerful, easy-to use systems,” said Max Lobovsky, co-founder of Formlabs. “We believe that this is the ‘next wave’ of the 3D printing industry: high resolution output with a simple user experience packaged in a desktop footprint. In many ways, 3D printing technology is following a similar path to the desktop computer. It started with mainframes, was adopted by the hobbyist and then evolved into the powerful desktop machines everyone uses today. The Form 2 represents the next wave of 3D printing technology.”
Form 2 raises the industry standard for reliable prints, delivers sophisticated technology with an intuitive interface and introduces new features aimed at team collaboration, simpler workflows and time savings.
● Bigger prints: Over 40% bigger build volume from its predecessor the Form 1+.
● More powerful laser: 50% more powerful laser yielding better print resolution.
● New print process : A new sliding peel mechanism, wiper and heated resin tank make it possible to print large, solid parts with intricate details.
● Automated resin system: New resin cartridges will automatically refill the resin tank during the printing process.
● One-click print: An update to Formlabs’ PreForm Software, this feature will prepare prints and simplify the printing process.
● Connected capabilities: The Form 2 offers wireless printing via WiFi,creating customn otifications and mobile alerts. The new dashboard enables print progress to be monitored across multiple printers on desktop, mobile or tablet.
● Touchscreen display: Fullcolor touchscreen for managing print queues and viewing print status
Professionals worldwide have been using Formlabs for a host of ambitions – from the digital artist creating a film made entirely of 3D-printed parts, to the engineer designing surgical prototypes to enable cleaner suturing methods, to researchers at Fortune 500 companies, to the small businesses printing customized parts, to the many entrepreneurs 3D printing prototypes.
Formlabs is expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything. Headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with offices in Germany, Japan, China, Singapore, Hungary, and North Carolina, Formlabs is the professional 3D printer of choice for engineers, designers, manufacturers, and decision makers around the globe. Formlabs products include the Form 3, Form 3B and Form 3L, powered by an advanced form of stereolithography (SLA) called Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)™ 3D printing, Form 2 SLA 3D printer, Form Wash and Form Cure post-processing solutions, Fuse 1 SLS 3D printer, and Form Cell manufacturing solution. Formlabs also develops its own suite of high-performance materials that continue to push the boundaries for 3D printing, as well as best-in-class 3D printing software.