The resources in this course are curated to anticipate the questions you’ll have as you implement 3D printing into your workflow. Use this course to save time while gaining proficiency in all of the skills necessary throughout the entire print process. These skills include scanning and design, print preparation, printing, and post-processing.
Follow along step-by-step for thorough instruction, or select individual resources most relevant to your needs or learning style.
Build a Foundation
Step 1: Unboxing and Setup
Review this unboxing video before your Form 2 arrives. Become acquainted with the components in your printer and prepare to start printing.
- Identify core printer components
- Install your Resin Tank, Build Platform, and Resin Cartridge
Step 2: Dashboard Registration and Setup
In this video, you'll learn to configure a Dashboard account and 3D print more efficiently by tracking print progress, material consumption, order statuses, and more.
Step 3: Introduction to PreForm
Practice using PreForm, Formlabs’ print preparation software, to increase print quality and success.
- Navigate the PreForm 3D workspace
- Locate and use core tools and menus
- Prepare models for 3D printing and send them to your printer
Step 4: Optimizing Part Orientation
Increase print success and save time and material costs by gaining an intimate understanding of how part orientation impacts your prints.
- Apply advanced support generation tools
- Orient parts for print success and reliability
Step 5: Making Models Printable
Save time and avoid frustration during the file repair process by learning how to use powerful mesh repair tools in Autodesk Meshmixer.
Learn to address:
- Missing faces
- Zero thickness areas
- Non-manifold meshes and more
Understanding Formlabs Materials
Dental SG Resin and Surgical Guide Production
Learn the process of creating surgical guides with the Form 2. Learn more about the print, post-processing, and post-cure requirements for Formlabs Dental SG Resin.
- Identify the technologies and materials required for digital surgical guide production
- Improve clinical outcomes with proper use of 3D printed surgical guides
Learn in Context
Learn how to produce splints and understand the print, post-processing, and post-cure requirements for Formlabs Dental LT Clear Resin.
- 3D print splints with Dental LT Clear Resin
- Orient splints in PreForm to achieve the highest level of splint accuracy
- Understand post-processing and biocompatibility